ABOUT YOU & I CARE SERVICES LIMITED
You & I Care Services LTD is a home care service provider registered with the Care Quality Commission, that provides high quality domiciliary care services in Essex England. We offer an affordable solution for adults and the elderly throughout the community, who prefer to stay at home where their quality of life is enhanced without the stress of hardships and interruption of routines and changes in daily habits.
Our part-time, full-time and all around the clock service alternatives are designed for people who choose to live independently, but require non-medical services. These services may include companionship, meal preparation, medication, reminders, light housekeeping, and help with errands and shopping. Sometimes more than companionship is needed to maintain independence at home and we provide this, bearing in mind the many obstacles family and friends encounter in finding a suitable and trusted source of care for their parents, relatives and friends.
Our mission is to contribute to the changing face of ageing by replacing the fear of getting old with hope and promise; loneliness and isolation with companionship and providing care in one’s home and not in an institution.
Our promise is to always care.
- All people supported by and who work at the Agency and all people who visit will be treated with respect at all times.
- We aim to offer skilled care to enable people supported by us to achieve their optimum state of health and well-being.
- We uphold the human and citizenship rights of all Service Users and all who work and visit here.
- Individual choice and personal decision-making are the right of all Service Users and will be supported by all the people who work here.
- The right of independence will be respected and encouraged for all Service Users.
- The individual uniqueness of Service Users, staff and visitors will be recognised and these people will be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- The individual requirement for privacy will be respected at all times and all information relating to individuals will be treated in a confidential manner.
- We recognise the individual need for personal fulfilment and aim to offer individualised programmes of meaningful activity to satisfy the needs of Service Users and staff.
- Individualised programmes of meaningful activity to satisfy that need of Service Users and staff.
You & I care services ltd is a young care provider that is a dream come true.
It has been a dream for the last ten years, ran and managed by a care worker who realised from her first day at work as a care worker that she would one day become an outstanding care provider. With the support of her colleagues bearing the same dream, You & I care services became a reality.
“I remember from my early days at work when I asked an elderly lady about how it felt to be old, and this was the answer in her own words ‘having a young mind with a failing body’”, reminisces Ms. Lausa Biragi, You & I care’s founder.
“Throughout my career as a care worker I have appreciated how frustrating it can be to rely on someone else for the things that you could do yourself in the past. I have dreamt of a service that would become a compatible extension of you and I’s failing bodies at one point in our lives”, she adds.
Essentially, You & I Care’s story is one of clear realisation that it’s frustrating for one to at some point in life be incapable of doing the things they used to do and the need for not only filling this void but also creating a compatible extension of our (YOU AND I) failing bodies at some point in life as the guiding philosophy.
OUR ADMISSION PROCESS
- Verify that we can meet the client’s needs at home.
- Determine that the client’s home location is within the geographic area we service.
- Ensure there are adequate physical facilities available in the client’s home to enable staff to provide safe and effective care.
- Confirm that we have adequate and suitable staff members and other resources available to provide the services required.
- Confirm that the client and client’s family are receptive to services, pricing and understand all insurance, government or private pay options.
- Obtain agreement from the client to be cared for at home.
- Match the client with a fully trained and qualified member of our team.
- Begin provision of care to the client.
STAFF RECRUITMENT AND TRAINING PROCESS
Once you have carefully read about the roles and responsibilities of a Homecare Assistant, you should call the recruitment team directly or complete an online application form. This will be assessed by a member of our recruitment team and if the initial criteria are met you will be invited to complete a telephone interview. We aim to respond to all online applications within 1 working day.
The telephone interview will last about 10 – 15 minutes. You will be asked a series of questions to judge your experience and qualifications, your communication skills and most importantly your compassion and suitability for the role.
We will ask you to complete a brief online assessment. These assessments have certification from the British Psychological Society and help show us how a candidate’s personality characteristics and cognitive abilities fit the job by comparing their traits to those of successful performers. We will also ask you to complete an online attitude fit assessment which shows your attitudes toward work and work-related issues by measuring for counter-productive behaviors.
Having met the initial requirements we will then invite you to attend an interview at your local office. You will be asked to complete a written application form and you’ll have the opportunity to meet the team at You & I Care Services LTD.
If you are applying for live-in care work we will develop a personal profile of you, taking into consideration your personality, history, experience, skills and preferences for our MatchCare service.
If you are successful at interview then we will make a provisional job offer and discuss pay, terms and conditions and a potential start date with you.
You will then be booked on to a You & I Care Services LTD induction Programme. This will ensure that you have the knowledge needed to provide the high standard of care we pride ourselves in.
If you accept the job offer our Recruitment Team will carry out reference checks and ask you to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The DBS service helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevents unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups. This replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA). This is a mandatory requirement required under the Health & Social Care Act.
At You & I Care Services LTD, we induct, support and train our staff appropriately. Staff have to work towards the skills set out in the care certificate as a bench mark for staff induction. We make sure that the staff have the right qualifications, skills, knowledge and the experience to do the job.
Learning needs of all the staff are identified and a plan is put in place as a workforce development plan to encourage staff to develop and promote good practice. Staff are inducted, supported, trained and supervised and managed properly. All staff will be trained and assessed for competence in the following standards below;
- Understanding their role.
- Personal development.
- Duty of care.
- Equality and diversity.
- Work in a person-centred way.
- Privacy and dignity.
- Fluids and nutrition.
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning difficulties.
- Safe guarding adults.
- Safe guarding children.
- Basic life support.
- Health and safety.
- Handling information.
- Infection prevention and control.