What is respite care?
Respite care is a form of home care that provides short-term relief for primary caregivers. Respite care can be arranged or emergency temporary care provided for just a short period of time for example an afternoon or evening, or for several days or weeks.
About You & I Care’s respite care
From time to time friends and family might need relief from supporting their loved ones. Our respite care services can give Carers relief from the emotional and physical demands of caring for a friend or family member, and provide an opportunity to participate in community activities.
What are the benefits of respite care?
- Relaxation – taking some time off your caring role can help you to engage in activities that help you to relax and improve your mood.
- Renewed energy – Taking time off your busy caring role can help you to renew your energy.
- Space – Having some time and space away from your caring role can help you enjoy yourself and enjoy your individual space without the demands of caring.
- Pleasure – Every Caregiver deserves the right to enjoy life. Taking some time off your caring role can help you achieve this. There is no reason to feel guilty.
- Identity – Taking a break from your caring role can help you achieve a renewed sense of self.
- Perspective – Taking a break from your caring role allows you to see more clearly and keep things in proper perspective. You might even think of better ways of doing things and other resources you can tap into.
- Engagement – Social isolation can be a huge problem for caregivers. It’s important to take time to engage with your friends and family by sharing lunch, taking a shopping trip or doing whatever gives your personal enjoyment.
You deserve a break!
On an arranged day each week we come and take over the role, allowing the friend or family member time to themselves. Some of our customers may require live-in care, which is also be available.
Once we have considered the sort of care our Service User needs, a member of our team will discuss the individual requirements in detail.
You & I Care's Process
Our Process ensures that the care we provide is personalised
to the unique needs of an individual Service User.
You contact us and we have a chat to gain insight into your needs.
We Carry out an assessment to best understand your needs.
We develop your care plan, entailing all that we need to do.
Once a care plan is in place, we commence work.